Estate and Succession Planning
“Can’t I just deal with this tomorrow?”
It’s a statement we often hear amongst our clients when it relates to estate planning.
You might think estate planning equates to just creating a will. In fact, a will is only one of many tools used towards a sound overall strategy to protect and plan the distribution of your assets.
Estate planning is an informed and comprehensive strategy that serves to protect your various assets and its proper distribution in the event of your passing.
At Bayside Wills and Estates, we understand the intricacies that surround the complexity of Estate and Succession Planning, particularly for residents in the Bayside area. We are focused on a personalised approach and want to ensure you have peace of mind from day one. Our estate planning services focus on:
• Your personal circumstances, including the effects of marriage, divorce and blended families
• The legal and financial structure of your business or company
• Family and testamentary trusts
• Personal assets, including family heirlooms
• Tax implications
• Life insurance and superannuation distribution
• International estate planning
• Helping Australian residents with assets overseas
• Helping overseas residents with assets in Australia
• Appointment of guardianship of minors
• Possible estate challenges or will contests
Succession planning is essentially ‘estate planning for your business’ and is a valuable investment. Whether you decide to sell up, retire or or transfer the business to the next generation, it is important that you spend the time with your business partners, family and professional advisers to plan what you are going to do.
Our team can help you through the steps required for business succession, including planning for:
• Sale or purchase of the business
• Exit strategies
• Trade sales
• Agreements regarding partnerships, shareholders and insurance
Contact Bayside Wills and Estates today for an estate plan that suits your needs and provides peace of mind.